Roommate Bulletin Board
 Roomates Needed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jrobin12

1 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2018 :  16:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if anyone gets on here to see this but I'm looking for up to 7 people needing lodging for the April meeting. You could be a student or just a fellow astronomer/scientist that is smart and would rather save money than pay for a hotel room. If enough people got an Airbnb the price from Saturday to Tuesday would be somewhere between $20-$40 per person....for all 4 days. Yes, the sleeping conditions are weird,(air mattress, sofa couch etc..) but you would save a lot of money AND be within walking distance of the convention center. Skeptical of Airbnb? Can't vouch for every host but I recently stayed at an Airbnb to attend the AAS 231 meeting in Washington DC for 5 nights. No screaming babies or awkward elevators moments and I had full access to a kitchen so I didn't have to pay for food elsewhere every night. If this interest you in the slightest bit PLEASE do not hesitate to reply! Don't care if black, white, yellow, male or female..if you plan on going to the meeting, respond! : )

fojensen

1 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  08:48:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do I need to bring a tent?
Go to Top of Page

sebouh

1 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  13:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in sharing in this airbnb. I do have a car, which fits up to 5 people, so if our only options are a little further from the conference, we can carpool to/from the conference.
Go to Top of Page

ebr1996

1 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  18:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jrobin12

Not sure if anyone gets on here to see this but I'm looking for up to 7 people needing lodging for the April meeting. You could be a student or just a fellow astronomer/scientist that is smart and would rather save money than pay for a hotel room. If enough people got an Airbnb the price from Saturday to Tuesday would be somewhere between $20-$40 per person....for all 4 days. Yes, the sleeping conditions are weird,(air mattress, sofa couch etc..) but you would save a lot of money AND be within walking distance of the convention center. Skeptical of Airbnb? Can't vouch for every host but I recently stayed at an Airbnb to attend the AAS 231 meeting in Washington DC for 5 nights. No screaming babies or awkward elevators moments and I had full access to a kitchen so I didn't have to pay for food elsewhere every night. If this interest you in the slightest bit PLEASE do not hesitate to reply! Don't care if black, white, yellow, male or female..if you plan on going to the meeting, respond! : )

Go to Top of Page

Silasgrossberndt

2 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2018 :  17:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any space for me to crash here for the first two nights (i.e. tonight and tomorrow). I just had another place fall through. Will pay cash
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000